This course introduces a whole new approach to technology design, based on brain science and human psychology. It is based on courses taught for over a decade at Universities. You dont need prior knowledge of psychology or the brain to do this course. I recommend the course here because then you also get:
- Video with a discussion of every slide
- Group of other students to work with.
- Assignments to explore the ideas.
- Test questions to confirm you understand correctly
If you cannot do the course, click on a link below to start a lesson slideshow to find something useful for your current design. You may have to wait for the show to load on your computer:
- Introduction: The case for interaction design that puts people and communities first.
- Lesson 1. Attention: The foundation of all interface design.
- Lesson 2. Context: An aspect designers often forget.
- Lesson 3. Intuition: We all want an intuitive interface.
- Lesson 4. Recognition: The basis of all seeing.
- Lesson 5.Thought: What makes us human.
- Lesson 6. Feedback: Encourage people to interact with your site or app.
- Lesson 7. Learning: The ultimate use of technology
- Lesson 8. The Future: Where to from here?