Submission requirements. When you submit to any publisher, whether a University Thesis Committee or a journal, to not satisfy their submission requirements is to disrespect them. These may include:
- Font type and size, e. g. Times New Roman, 10 points.
- Page size and layout, e. g. A4 or letter page size, or columns.
- Allowed length, including of the abstract.
- If they provide a template, use it to take care of formatting issues.
- Reference style, e. g. IEEE numbered citations like  vs. APA citations like (Smith, 1960)
- Heading formats, e. g. a first level heading is … and a second level heading is …
- How to present figures, e. g. what format to use or what size.
- How to present tables and graphs.
- How to submit, e. g. an online system.
Before submitting to any publisher, check that all submission requirements have been met.